The overpowering aroma of “eau de dog” may be the one thing you don’t like about your best friend. Dogs are wonderful companions, but let’s face it — they can get downright stinky. Say goodbye to smelly-dog days forever with this natural, homemade coat-freshening spritz. Let’s get started!
Items You’ll Need:
• Small saucepan
• Measuring cup
• Measuring spoons
• Mixing spoon
• 36-ounce refill container with screw top
• 8- or 16-ounce plastic spray bottle
• 4 1/4 cups distilled water
• 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
• 2 teaspoons dried mint leaves
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
• 2 tablespoons aloe vera (optional)
Step 1 – Bring 2 cups of water to a rolling boil. Add the rosemary leaves, mint leaves and 1/2 teaspoon of the apple cider vinegar. Boil for two minutes and remove from the heat. Cover and let the mixture steep for 10 minutes.
Step 2 – Pour the hot liquid into the bowl using a strainer to catch the herbs, which you can discard. Let the mixture cool completely. Add the rest of the water, vinegar, vegetable glycerin and aloe vera and mix until well incorporated.